Our sessions will be tailored to your needs…
The term Biodynamic is made up of two words:
Bio (the Greek word for ‘life’) and ‘Dynamic’ (movement of). So in essence, it is the study of the movement of life energy. And we’re talking about You. How amazing are you?!
- So what happens in a Biodynamic Session?
Every individual is different, unique and wonderful in their own way. There is no prescriptive way to treat you other than working with whatever you bring to your session. It’s my job to provide an environment in which you can feel safe.
If you want to come and talk that’s fine. You may find that it’s not until you start talking in this safe, therapeutic space that you utter words you may never have spoken before. For example:
- What about all the things you never said or, were never allowed to say?
- What have you been holding back, and what back problems have arisen because of it?
- How are your shoulders? Do you carry the weight of the world on them?
- Recurrent chest infections? What is it that you really want to get off your chest?
- Are you anxious, tense, stressed or depressed?
Any psychological distress can have an impact on your physical body.
This is exactly what the Biodynamic massage methods were developed for: to bring you relief from painful symptoms and support you to become conscious of how these symptoms may be related to your behaviour (thoughts, belief systems, relationships etc). When you know what’s going on you have a choice about what to do.
Similarly, if you are suffering from symptoms of, for example:
- Back pain
- Stomach or muscular pain
- Overeating / Undereating / challenging relationship with food.
- Stroke recovery
- Digestive problems
- Eating disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Stress and Anxiety (physical and psychological)
The Biodynamic methods can be applied to bone, muscle and skin and in the bio-field. We work together to find the best level for you.
A typical session could involve:
- All talking therapy, because that’s what you need when you show up.
- Some talking and some massage (because your psychological discomfort may have brought on physical symptoms e.g. headache). Or your physical symptoms may have started to cause you some anxiety, low mood, depression. So both are taken care of.
- All massage (maybe you’ve really hurt your back or you’ve been sitting at your desk too long and without a break); or you’re feeling broken-hearted about something. We can work on all of these levels.
Unique to the Biodynamic massage methods is the use of the stethoscope (anaesthoscope).
This is placed on the abdomen in order to monitor your tummy rumblings (peristalsis) during the treatment. The feedback guides me in determining the optimum level of touch for you.